Meet in Appanoose Grant application now available!
About the Meet in Appanoose Grant
The purpose of the Meet in Appanoose Grant is to encourage businesses & organizations to host group meetings, conferences, trade shows or exhibitions in Appanoose County. This grant is designed to introduce and incentive groups to discover everything Appanoose County has to offer by offering funding to offset eligible event costs. This is a competitve application and not all projects will be funded. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning February 15, 2024 and once all funds are awarded, applications will no longer be accepted.
Meet in Appanoose is an incentive reimbursement program that awards one-time cash reimbursements towards hard costs for eligible meetings and events. The goal of the program is to increase mid-week travel, overnight stays and additional economic impact in Appanoose County.
- Meeting/event must occur in Appanoose County between January 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025.
- The meeting/event must generate a minimum of ten hotel room nights.
- Applicant must be the primary organizer of the event and incur eligible expenses. Individuals may apply on behalf of multiple events, however, checks are issued only to the primary organizer.
- Incentive reimbursement must meet a minimum award amount of $500. Maximum award is $10,000. The amount of funding requested should be in line with the impact of the event.
- Final reimbursement will not exceed the pre-approved maximum potential incentive amount.
Eligible Hard Costs
Eligible Hard Costs
Approved applicants receive cash reimbursement against eligible hard costs. Eligible hard costs include:
- Pre-/Post-Event Tourism Opportunity (Ex: Group Tours, optional training, etc)
- Event Space/Venue Rental
- Event Rentals
- Entertainment/Speakers/Program Content
- Food/Beverage (excluding alcoholic beverages & gratuities)
- Audio/Visual Support
Non-Eligible Hard Costs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Lodging fees
- Event planning and management fees or costs
- Sales tax
- Print and web design work that cannot be taken home by individual participants
- Limousine/luxury vehicle rental, party bus rental, taxi or rideshare service fees and school bus rental
- Temporary help including, but not limited to, photographers/videographers, cleaning services, and event planner/organizer.
Click here to download the online application or you can pick up a physical copy at PACT (Promoting Appanoose & Centerville Together) 101 E Van Buren St, Centerville, IA.
Have questions? Email Delaney at email@example.com
For a full list of grants & funding opportunities currently available in Appanoose County, check out our Grants & Funding page.
To learn more about PACT, our members and upcoming activities, follow us on Facebook!
PACT was formed by the merger of the Centerville Chamber of Commerce, the Appanoose Economic Development Corporation, and Main Street Centerville in January of 2021. The purpose of the organization is to be an action-oriented, volunteer organization of individuals and businesses working together to facilitate the retention, expansion, attraction and creation of businesses and jobs to downtown Centerville and throughout Appanoose County and to promote and preserve the community assets and a positive business climate.
We focus on four primary efforts: Chamber, Economic Development, Main Street, and Tourism.